The student news site of Cheyenne East High School

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Is She Worth the Hype… No

Taylor Swift is Overhyped

Taylor Swift is arguably one of the most successful female artists of the generation, however the hype is overrated. In my opinion, her music sounds like retail music, something you would hear when shopping in a mall. Don’t get me wrong, she is girl bossing and showing that women can fill the same stadiums as the men that Americans praise for running around in leggings tackling each other. Her music is easy to listen to and that is why people are so drawn to it. There are no concepts that make people rethink or challenge their beliefs.

Sophomore Peyton Hall believes her music is not good as it is hyped up to be.

“I think her music is terrible and it all sounds the same. Her voice makes my ears bleed. There is no reason she should be so popular.” says Hall.

Taylor Swift needs backup dancers when she is onstage to even keep the attention of her fans. This proves that her music is not good enough to hold her audience’s attention for her three hour shows.

Junior Makayla Trippel believes her new music has gone downhill.

“I listen to her old music, but I don’t like her new stuff.” says Trippel.

As her music has gotten worse, she has gotten more popular, which makes no sense. She is losing integrity and respect by writing her music to please critics and current trends in music. Current trends in music are terrible, music is losing its authenticity by being all autotune and electronic.