The student news site of Cheyenne East High School

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Just a Yard Short

East T-Birds rematch of state against the Sheridan Broncs
Just a Yard Short

As the Cheyenne east football team drove up to Laramie for a rematch against the Sheridan Broncs, hoping this year will be better than last. The T-Birds were second in State after losing to Sheriden before the playoffs, making Sheridan the new number one.

The first quarter started off great with both teams holding each other off from scoring any points. They kept this energy up until the middle of the second quarter when the Broncs scored the first touchdown, now making the score 7-0 Broncs. In response the T-Birds kicked a field goal now making the score 7-3 Broncs going into half time.

At halftime both cheerleaders showed off their state dance routine. As each side cheered for them, showing off their good sportsmanship. And the band was active creating an even better atmosphere for both the players and audience. Switching between who plays to show off their skills.

Heading into the third quarter tensions are high with such a close game, anyone can pull it off and win. As Sheridan showed their determination to win this game and keep their winning streak alive, they scored once again making the score now 14-3 Broncs. The momentum switches as the T-Birds start losing hope but still push through.

Now in the fourth quarter the Broncs spirit and momentum was high, and helped the players push through and want to win more. The Broncs scored one last time to finish off the game 31-3 Broncs.

When handing out trophies it was quiet, and somber. The East high seniors were sad that they couldn’t pull a win for the last time. But the under-class man and the coaches were sad but still had hope for the next year and the possibility that we could win.