The student news site of Cheyenne East High School

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Cheyenne East T-Birds Get Ready For Wrestling Season

There are high hopes this year for the Cheyenne East Wrestling team after last year they placed 5th as a team at state last year. With 7 placers two of which were runner ups, and their was one state champion. With the season almost here, some of the T-Bird wrestlers are already on the mat, preparing for this upcoming year.

Kozad Porter is spending his first year at Cheynne East. The freshman has moved here from Torrington. “I’m looking forward to competing for a state title. Also being around a new team.” Said Kozad Porter, 9, “And just being able to wrestle against better competition is exciting to me.

To be the best possible in the sport of wrestling you need to stay active in the sport. “Going down to Bear Cave down in Colorado for practice has been helping me a lot. And getting practice time with better wrestlers down there have been getting me ready for the season.” Said Sammy Sanchez, 10. “I’m also just doing a lot of offseason wrestling getting me prepared for the season.”

The returning state champion Liam Fox comes into this year looking for his 3rd straight state team title. “I want to three peat this year, get that third state title, and go undefeated this season.” Said Liam Fox, 11 speaking on his goals for this year “I’ll get there by putting in the extra work, and just staying dedicated to the sport.”

Wrestling matches start on December 8th with the Charlie Lake Memorial Tournament.