See You Later, Class of 2015!

Seniors say goodbye to the school year.

Dan Morris

Seniors Zach McCord, Dashay Hunt, Trey Lesley, Robert Munoz, Tyler Weinberger, TJ Olsen, Connor Leihsing celebrate with the student section.

Abbey Williams, Web Editor

Once again, another school year is coming to an end, and it’s time for the senior class to depart the halls of East High School. The class of 2015 made their own fair share of lifelong memories, but they’ve decided to tell their side of the story…

Nate Dausman: So it was mid-April, and we were part of Key Club – me, Dene Standifer, Meghan Mercer, Devon Flaim, and Hunter Jurenka – and we went down to Denver for it. One night, we all wanted to hang out, so we all went to Devon Flaim’s room at like 2 AM. We weren’t even doing anything, just hanging out watching some HGTV like Property Brothers, House Hunters International, that was our thing. We started talking and it got too loud, so suddenly a 90-year old woman came and banged on the door and marched into the room yelling. She was screaming, “Oh my god, boys are in girls’ rooms! Find the liquor, find the drugs! What are you doing in here?” And I said, “Talking to my friends. What are you doing in here?” She made us stand in the hallway, yelling at us, telling us she was going to send us home at 3:00 in the morning. When they got Mrs. Reiner, she told us she was on our side and to apologize to them and let it go. When we got back to school, we got in trouble, and Mr. Mirich and Ms. Reiner gave us community service. So, yeah, they made us out to be bad even though we were just watching HGTV.

Karen Perala: My favorite part about high school has been band. I’ve been able to have a lot of fun times, like going to band camp. There are a ton of fun stories associated with that, like bonfires and long days of marching. It was a ton of fun, but also a lot of hard work.

Gabe Cruz: My favorite memory was going to the Dodgeball Tournament, where we placed third. It was me, Tristan Treese, Joseph Dobson, Brandon Allsop, Isaac Taylor and Michael Downey. I got one guy out! It was a fun time.

Kayla Evans: I won’t forget when we won State soccer my sophomore year. I’m pretty sure our whole team thought we were going to lose because there was a minute left and we were a goal behind. We scored in the last 30 seconds so it went to a shoot-out. In shoot-outs you never know what will happen. Someone on Central missed their goal, but then we made it, so it was crazy. Central thought they were going to win, so everyone on their bench was going nuts, but then when we scored, our whole team started crying. I was crying and it was the best day ever because it was my first time winning a State Championship.

Ben Wisdorf: My favorite memory from high school was probably Prom because I got to see everyone again for the last school dance. And I went with “The Squad” – they know who they are. We went to Fort Collins and ate, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone and say goodbye too.

Peyton Grandpre: My favorite memory from senior year was getting close to my golf team because we did a lot of bonding activities and watched movies in some of my teammates’ movie theaters in their houses. They’re really huge!

Isaac Taylor: My favorite moment was winning the State (football) Championship with all of my friends and seeing Ben intercept the ball with little time left in the game up by 1 point. The entire stadium erupted in cheers, and the student section was ready to rush the field. Then, as the final horn sounded, I loved the feeling of complete and utter excitement after working so hard for three years. We had finally won what we have been working for.

Delaney Prince: My favorite memory of high school was getting to swim my last race ever with my best friends Abby Urban, Brianda Johnson and Halley Jankovsky, and just being able to swim with them throughout the four years of high school.