The Tables Have Turned

Courtney Walston, News Editor

A blast from the past hit East High students with the Back to the Future Turnabout dance, put on by the DECA club on Saturday, February 7. Many students attended the film-themed dance and shook off the stress of the week to enjoy a night full of fun and free of homework.

“It really was fun,” said sophomore Madi Overstreet. “I danced hard and I got really tired, but I thought it was pretty cool and my boyfriend dressed up as Marty McFly.

The dance itself may have been a smash hit with some students, but what about the inventive ways in which to ask someone?

“I had a poster that had a crossword that I wrote out Will you go to turnabout with me?,” said Overstreet. “Then I wrote this little thing on the other side about Back to the Future like ‘Great Scott ‘and stuff like that to tie in with the theme.”

Though Turnabout is a time for girls to show more creative side with inviting someone to accompany them, just going with some friends can make it all the while.

“Turnabout was a lot of fun going with friends,” said senior Violette Bray. “Since it’s my last year of high school, it was fun to just hang out and have a good time.”

As a whole, the Back to the Future Turnabout dance was a very enjoyable night to have fun and forget stress.