Future Farmers of America Christmas Party

Emma Heny, Contributor

Christmas parties are always something people look forward to during the holiday season.  In FFA the holiday party is what draws the largest crowd and increases the number of people who join FFA.  Hailey Turley (12), the Frontier Chapter President, has proven that there is so much more work that goes into planning a meeting, and a party than what meets the eye.  “With all the activities we needed to make sure we understood all the directions, make sure they were time permitting, and flowed smoothly with a large group of people,” says Turley. But the FFA Christmas party isn’t like any other party, the officer team tries to make the festivities as enjoyable as they can so people will join FFA and become involved with the agriculture community.  This year there was an ugly Christmas sweater contest with several categories so each sweater could be recognized.  There were also many games and a white elephant gift exchange.  The Christmas party gives the chapter to show the students at East that FFA isn’t just about animals and farming, but about community and leadership.  In November the numbers are low, and then when December comes around, people come to the Christmas party and invite their friends because of how fun the activities are.  Most times people come because they can walk away with a prize and their competitiveness is what drives people to continue coming back and joining in on the many activities and events FFA has to offer.