The Thunderbird Talent Show

Landon Bosch

Imagine this, center stage looking out into a crowd full of your peers.  Heart rate increases as your chest thumps, the primal instinct of fear pumping adrenaline through your veins. For some this fear can be overwhelming but the performers at the East talent show have learned to morph their emotions into an art form. One such performer is Ingrid Taylor. 

“I’ve been dancing since I was two and a half”, said Ingrid Taylor, who teamed up with her friend in the show. “It has always been a part of my life”. 

To truly develop a talent an artist must be dedicated and focused to their artistry, and ready to craft their skill into a lifestyle. 

The talent show offers a range of talented students performing everything from drama to dance.  Seeing the passions of others shows how diverse the student population is at East, and there is a lot more students do besides playing sports or achieving new academic levels.  

“It’s fun to see other people perform and show their talent”, said Ashlyn Bailey. Who played ukulele and sung with her friend that also played the guitar. A lot of students pair up with their friends to dance, sing, play instruments because that passion they hold can be shared with someone else that is as dedicated as they are.  

“I was nervous a little”, said Marty Zhang. Marty played a guitar solo in his first talent show at East. 

If you’ve performed thousands of times or this is your first time performing, you’re bound to feel nervous.  Passion trumps nervousness as students take the stage in an expression of themselves.  This year’s Thunderbird talent show offered a plethora of performances for East teachers, student body, and parents to see.