East Sweeps South Bison

Jessika Nelson, Sports Editor

East High soccer was looking to set a better tone for the season, and two strong wins against South High is helping to set them up for a run at conference.

The Thunderbird soccer team shut down the South High Bison, 7-0, on April 21. Seniors Alex Corbin and Mohamed Hassan were able to score two goals each to lead EHS to victory. Seniors Logan Dahill and Finley McIlwaine and sophomore Dawson Eldred each scored once in the win.

While the first half played slow, with EHS posting only a 2-0 lead, the T-Birds locked in through the second half and finished with a solid game. The Thunderbirds plan to use this as a building block as they dig deeper into the conference season.

“It’s definitely a confidence-booster,” said Alex Corbin. “We knew we could get the job done, and now we’ll take this confidence to Laramie.”

The Lady Thunderbird soccer team beat their inter-city rival, 3-1. Senior Micayla Ross, junior Abby Morrillon, and sophomore Katie Loken scored their goals within the first 28 minutes of the game.

Even though the win helps set a tone for the Lady T-Birds, the team also suffered a tough loss. Senior goalkeeper Ashton Brodahl received a red card in the 28th minute when she went out far from the goal to control a loose ball. Instead of getting the ball, Brodahl hit South junior Saeda Quist and was ejected from the game, which brings a one-game suspension. She must now sit for the Laramie game on Thursday April 23, 2015.

Both teams will face Laramie on April 23 at East.