The Roaring 20s Roar Back To Life

Emilygrace Piel

Ashley Gilmore as Jordan Baker and Mac Rogers as Nick Carraway in East High’s March 11 production of “The Great Gatsby”.

Courtney Walston, News Editor

The East High drama department’s production of  The Great Gatsby premiers tonight in EHS Performance Hall. The Thunderbirds production of this classic story features a large cast and an amazing array of talent.   The director, drama teacher Christina Zarr, decided to double-cast the show to give enough opportunities to East high’s many skilled actors. This performance will feature the East High advanced theater class students and create a wonderful opportunity to spend a Wednesday and Friday night.

The students put numerous weeks and hours of hard work into doing F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel justice , but just how much?

“We were assigned the scripts over winter break to study and learn our lines so when we came back we could focus on putting the rest of the show into place,” said junior Dallas Kroeger, who plays the gambler Meyer Wolfsheim in the show. “We started to rehearse every class period after winter break and every day after school for the past two weeks.”

The Simon Levy stage adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby is to be performed on March 11 and 13 at 7pm. The admission price is $6 for students and seniors and $8 for adults. The Wednesday performance is the first of the two casts and the Friday performance is the second of the two.